Ms. Patricia C. Wall-Santiago is an energetic and passionate attorney. She received her law degree in June 2003 from the Interamerican University School of Law. In May 2004, after passing her Bar exam and being admitted to practice law by the Supreme Court of Puerto Rico, she started working for a former INS prosecutor, giving her vast understanding and experience with U.S. immigration and nationality laws.
When it comes to helping, guiding, and counseling clients from all walks of life and more than 15 countries, Attorney Wall attributes her success to her multicultural education, multilingual background, and extensive immigration experience. She has been an avid advocate of foreign nationals' rights and their families in and outside the U.S.
On April 8, 2019, Attorney Wall was awarded the "Justice for All Award" by the Coral Gables Police Department for her outstanding contribution representing and advocating for victims of crimes through her pro-bono legal work. She worked to give victims a voice in the criminal justice system and through U.S. immigration laws, providing much-needed services to survivors in need. This nomination was part of the National Victim's Rights Week celebrated every year in collaboration with the U.S. Department of Justice through the Office of Justice Programs.
Attorney Wall-Santiago’s practice focuses exclusively on helping foreign nationals and immigrants interested in doing business, investing, and residing in the U.S. Although her practice has been in South Florida, she has represented individuals nationwide.
C.A.S.A. Legal Non-Profit
Staff Attorney - March 2016 - Present, Miami, FL
- Practice focus on family immigration, deportation, and removal defense — including consular processing, naturalization, and representation before USCIS and EOIR.
- Managed effectively high-volume practice while keeping client informed.
- Advised current and prospective clients as to their eligibility for immigration benefits under current law.
- Supervised the legal department and implemented processes to provide better client communication.
- Mentor interns from University of Miami School of Law in the area of immigration law.
- Manage county and federal grants making sure that the organization is in compliance with grant requirements.
- Served as the spokesperson for the organization.
- Appeared on behalf of the organization in the local news and provided Q&A information sessions to the community regarding their rights as immigrants in the US.
Angel F. Leal, Jr. PA
Associate Attorney – September 2014 – March 2016, Miami, FL
- Associate attorney for a medium-sized firm, providing consultations and successfully converting potential clients into clients.
- Represented individuals and families before USCIS and EOIR.
- Effectively managed high volume of litigation cases while keeping clients informed throughout the process.
- Advised current and prospective clients as to the immigration laws and their eligibility for immigration benefits.
- Visited detained individuals under ICE custody.
During that time, I became a mentor to other younger and less experienced attorneys on how to effectively represent clients in removal proceedings and before USCIS.
Patricia C. Wall, Esq.
Sole practitioner – May 2008 – August 2014, Miami, FL
- Represented clients in family-based and removal defense matters —duties included managing law practice (including all aspects of administration), handling cases in all phases from inception to completion, advising current and prospective clients as to their rights and eligibility for benefits under the U.S. immigration laws.
- Volunteered with the Miami Dade County Bar pro bono project assisting the Haitian community in immigration matters.
- Successfully prepared and filed requests for Deferred Action for parents of U.S. citizen children with disabilities and without legal status in the U.S.
- Provided pro-bono representation to foreign nationals residing in the U.S. (either receiving disability benefits or social security income) before EOIR.
Immigration Group, LLC
Associate Attorney – December 2008 – May 2009, Coral Gables, FL
- Represented clients before USCIS, EOIR, and BIA.
Feldenkrais Law, P.A.
Associate Attorney - January 2007 - February 2008, Miami, FL
- Represented clients before USCIS, EOIR, and BIA.
Adorno & Yoss, L.L.P.
(Michael Feldenkrais, Esq. Head Immigration Department)
Associate Attorney - August 2005 – December 2006, Coral Gables, FL
- Associate immigration lawyer.
- Prepared and implemented operating procedures for the immigration department.
- Trained employees in customer service department (call center).
- Assisted with the programming and hosting of a daily web immigration news service.
- Supervised paralegals.
Burgos & Sosa, P.A.
Associate Attorney - May 2004 - July 2005, Coral Gables, FL
- Prepared and filed applications for relief from deportation before the EOIR.
- Interviewed and counseled clients.
- Represented individuals before the Department of Homeland Security/USCIS.
- Prepared and filed appeals before the BIA and the AAU, prepared petitions for waivers of grounds of inadmissibility and some employment-based non-immigrant visas.
- J.D., Interamerican University School of Law, San Juan, PR, May 2003
Association of Law Students United Creating Environmental Conscience, President 2002-2003; Member National Association of Law Students, Member 2000-2003.
- Summer Exchange Program, Universidad Complutense de Madrid-Institute of Comparative Law, Madrid, Spain, 2002
Public Liberties in the EU
Drug Trafficking in the EU
- B.A. in Philosophy, University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez, PR, May 2000
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- Puerto Rico Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Immigrations Lawyers Association
Skills and Special Training
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Proficient with various web-based case management systems.
- Appeared in the news explaining current immigration issues on several occasions.
- Participated in a weekly live show regarding immigration laws in a Q & A format.