EB-5 and Investor Visas

Experienced Immigration Attorneys Helping Non-Citizens Come to the Fort Lauderdale Area

At Stok Kon + Braverman, our experienced immigration lawyers have represented a number of clients in pursuing EB-5 and other investor visas. We are skilled in making an economic analysis to present an argument about why someone should get the opportunity to come to Fort Lauderdale or the surrounding communities. Immigration matters can play a critical role in the development of your career or your personal finances and should not be taken lightly. If you are thinking about applying for an investor visa, a qualified Broward County investor visa lawyer can help you through the process.

EB-5 Investor Visa

An EB-5 visa is a United State Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) program allowing foreign nationals who invest in a new commercial enterprise in the United States to obtain a visa and ultimately permanent residency in the U.S. In order to be eligible for an EB-5 visa, an individual is required to invest a minimum of $500,000 in a targeted employment area (an area where unemployment is significantly higher than the national average or a rural area), or $1,000,000 anywhere in the U.S. The investment can be either direct and managed by the investor or can be made through the use of a Regional Center where the investor does not have to directly manage the investment, but must still have input in the policies and procedures for the new venture. No matter the size of the investment, it must create at least 10 full-time jobs for U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents within a two-year period after receiving the visa. The investor and his or her immediate family members do not count towards this employee requirement. Through an EB-5 visa, both the investor and his or her dependents can reside in the U.S. Our Broward County investor visa attorneys can help you apply for this type of visa.

E1 Treaty Trader Visa

An E1 visa may be a good option for an individual involved in significant trade in goods, services, or technology that is mainly between the United States and a nation with which it has a treaty of commerce and navigation. To be eligible for an E1 visa, an applicant must be a citizen of the treaty country, be involved in a continuous flow of business and numerous transactions over time, and show that over 50% of the total volume of international trade in which he or she is involved is between the U.S. and the treaty country.

E2 Treaty Investor Visa

The E2 visa allows recipients to develop and direct the operations of businesses in which they have invested, or are in the process of investing, a significant amount of money. To receive an E2 treaty investor visa, an individual must be a national of a country with which the U.S. maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation. The investor must be seeking to enter the United States purely to manage and control the business. This is typically demonstrated by showing at least 50% ownership of the business, as well as operational control by holding a high position in the company. An investor visa lawyer in Broward County can help you prove that you meet these requirements.

L1 Visa

The L1 visa is a common tool for non-immigrant workers to reside in the U.S. for up to seven years. This type of status is available for executives, managers, and other persons with specialized knowledge who have been employed at a foreign company for at least one out of the last three years and may have been transferred to a U.S. company that is a branch, affiliate, or subsidiary of the foreign company. An individual who has an L1 visa is able to bring his or her spouse and dependents under the age of 21 to the U.S. on an L2 visa. An L1 visa holder and his or her dependents may apply for permanent residency in the U.S.

Explore Your Options with a Fort Lauderdale Lawyer Knowledgeable in Immigration Matters

The immigration attorneys at Stok Kon + Braverman are committed to delivering comprehensive legal services from their Fort Lauderdale office. Our lawyers will provide you with professional service and sound advice every step of the way. We understand the laws and regulations surrounding investor visas, and we proudly represent clients from Hollywood and Fort Lauderdale as well as throughout Florida. Call us today at (954) 237-1777 or contact us online to schedule an initial consultation with an investor visa attorney in the Broward County area.

Client Reviews
Alan is one of the most respected family law attorneys in South Florida. He handled a case for a close personal friend and did such a great job that I wanted to let the world know what a great man he is. If you need a family law attorney and you live in South Florida call Alan. Joe Harvey
Here is my experience with Alan Braverman. He is one of the finest lawyers I have ever worked with; I currently share office space with Mr. Braverman. He is a brilliant and thorough attorney. I met him as a new attorney doing family.....His experience and willingness to share his time with me has made me a better lawyer. I will always be grateful to him for the wisdom he has shared. His work ethic is incredible. His clients LOVE him because he gets great results. Katherine Corrigan
When I filed for divorce, I was very distraught and wasn't sure where to even find a reputable attorney. A friend recommended Alan Braverman. Mr. Braverman was wonderful throughout my divorce! Very attentive and understanding. The process was quick and painless, and beneficial too! Would recommend him to anyone going through a divorce. Justine Luzzi