EB-5 & Investor Visas EB-5 & Investor Visas Schedule a Free Consultation Today

Fort Lauderdale EB-5 & Investor Visa Attorneys

Experienced Lawyers Helping Non-Citizens

At Stok Kon + Braverman, our experienced lawyers have represented a number of clients with pursuing EB-5 and other investor visas. We are skilled in making an economic analysis to present an argument about why someone should get the opportunity to come to the United States. Immigration matters can play a critical role in the development of your career or your personal finances and should not be taken lightly. If you are thinking about applying for an investor visa, a qualified lawyer can help you through the process.

An EB-5 visa is a United State Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) program allowing foreign nationals who invest in a new commercial enterprise in the United States to obtain a visa and ultimately permanent residency in the U.S. In order to be eligible for an EB-5 visa, an individual is required to invest a minimum of $500,000 in a targeted employment area (an area where unemployment is significantly higher than the national average or a rural area), or $1,000,000 anywhere in the U.S. The investment can be either direct and managed by the investor or can be made through the use of a Regional Center where the investor does not have to directly manage the investment but must still have input in the policies and procedures for the new venture. No matter the size of the investment, it must create at least 10 full-time jobs for U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents within a two-year period after receiving the visa. The investor and their immediate family members do not count towards this employee requirement. Through an EB-5 visa, both the investor and their dependents can reside in the U.S. Our attorneys can help you apply for this type of visa.

E1 Treaty Trader Visa

An E1 visa may be a good option for an individual involved in significant trade in goods, services, or technology that is mainly between the United States and a nation with which it has a treaty of commerce and navigation. To be eligible for an E1 visa, an applicant must be a citizen of the treaty country, be involved in a continuous flow of business and numerous transactions over time, and show that over 50% of the total volume of international trade in which they are involved is between the U.S. and the treaty country.

E2 Treaty Investor Visa

The E2 visa allows recipients to develop and direct the operations of businesses in which they have invested, or are in the process of investing, a significant amount of money. To receive an E2 treaty investor visa, an individual must be a national of a country with which the U.S. maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation. The investor must be seeking to enter the United States purely to manage and control the business. This is typically demonstrated by showing at least 50% ownership of the business, as well as operational control by holding a high position in the company. A lawyer can help you prove that you meet these requirements.

L1 Visa

The L1 visa is a common tool for non-immigrant workers to reside in the U.S. for up to seven years. This type of status is available for executives, managers, and other persons with specialized knowledge who have been employed at a foreign company for at least one out of the last three years and may have been transferred to a U.S. company that is a branch, affiliate, or subsidiary of the foreign company. An individual who has an L1 visa is able to bring their spouse and dependents under the age of 21 to the U.S. on an L2 visa. An L1 visa holder and their dependents may apply for permanent residency in the U.S.

Explore Your Options with a Lawyer Knowledgeable in Immigration Matters

The attorneys at Stok Kon + Braverman are committed to delivering comprehensive legal services. Our lawyers will provide you with professional service and sound advice every step of the way. We understand the laws and regulations surrounding investor visas, and we proudly represent clients throughout Broward County.

Call us today at (954) 874-8870 or contact us online to schedule an initial consultation with an attorney.

Client Testimonials

  • “It put me at ease knowing I had someone extremely knowledgeable about immigration matters as her representing me. I highly recommend Patricia.”

    - Former Client
  • “I really think they are doing a great job and if you ever need an immigration lawyer this is your choice to go to.”

    - Former Client
  • “He is not only one of the top divorce lawyers anywhere today but an amazing human being. Alan was there for me in my hour of need and stood by me, advised me, and put me on the right road.”

    - Michael P.
  • “They are a very professional company. I would highly recommend attorneys Benjamin Nigro and Robert A. Stok for any Real Estate matters.”

    - Alejandra G.
  • “Alan is one of the most respected family law attorneys in South Florida. He handled a case for a close personal friend and did such a great job that I wanted to let the world know what a great man he is.”

    - Joe H.
  • Bankruptcy Bar Association: Southern District of Florida
  • The Florida Bar Board Certified - Marital & Family Law
  • Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Rated
  • Expertise Best Real Estate Attorneys in Miami 2021
  • Super Lawyers Alan Braverman
  • Lawyers of Distinction
  • Super Lawyers

Contact Us Today

Schedule a Free Consultation
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.